Finding that perfect breast pump for you is often easier said than done. Some pumps may be great, but they are just not the right fit for you. What’s comfortable for you might be super uncomfortable for someone else. So how do you find that great breast pump?
To make your search a little easier, this guide will highlight some of the top breast pumps you can buy today. It includes different brands and styles to give you more options. Here are the best breast pumps on the market today.
5 Best Breast Pumps in Malaysia
Here are 5 great breast pumps to consider:
1. Spectra S1 & S2 Breast Pumps
The Spectra S1 & S2 Breast Pumps are available in two color options; blue and pink. The S1 and the S2 are similar in every way. The only difference is that the S1 has the option of letting you switch to rechargeable battery power when you do not feel like using the power cord. Because of this, it is slightly more expensive than the S2.
Both the S1 and S2 are very well-made breast pumps. They are designed to last for several months, up to a year. They are simple and comfortable to use and extremely quiet and discreet. They are also surprisingly lightweight at only 3 pounds each.
You can use the S1 or the S2 to express one breast at a time or both breasts simultaneously. It has a closed system that makes it more sanitary for multi-person use and comes with a timer and a nightlight.
- The S1 model can be operated using either batteries or a power cord.
- It is very quiet for a relaxed pumping experience.
- It is fast and comfortable
- You get a closed system that makes it safe for multi-person use.
- Sometimes, the tubes may fall off during pumping
- The pump vibrates as you use it
2. Medela Sonata Smart Double Electric Breast Pump
The Medela Sonata Smart Double Electric Breast Pump stands out because you get more usage options when you combine it with the My Medela app. The MyMedela app will help you track your little one’s growth and milestones. Plus, it will also help you track your pumping output when used in conjunction with this pump.
The Medela Sonata is a sturdy double electric breast pump that comes with 2-phase expression technology. It also pumps with different rhythms to mimic the fast beginning and slower progression of natural breastfeeding. It also has a rechargeable battery that pings you when you need to charge it.
Small and lightweight, this breast pump gives strong but quiet suction. You’ll also love the 1-month 24/7 lactation support from a lactation consultant you get with your purchase from Medela.
- It is small, compact, and lightweight, making it great to travel with
- It comes with an app that will help you monitor your feeding sessions and output
- It is a double pump that is designed to extract high breast milk volumes.
- It is a little expensive.
- Some units break down and need to be fixed before a year of operation
3. Philips Avent Single Electric Breast Pump
The Philips Avent Single Electric Breast Pump is designed to make your life easier. With it, you can pump while breastfeeding at the same time, which means more time saved! It is also cheaper than a double electric pump, which means you are getting more value for your money when you buy it.
Many breast pump designs need you to lean forward as you use them to let gravity help your milk let down. With the Philips Avent, this is not the case. In this way, it will help eliminate lower back strain through its use.
- It is affordable
- It is designed for a comfortable pumping experience.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry around
- It is very easy to clean
- Some moms have found that it loses suction over time.
4. Haakaa Silicone Manual Breast Pump
While the Haakaa is technically not a pump, it will help you collect a significant amount of breast milk when you use it. It is a BPA-free silicone device that you attach to one breast as you breastfeed on the other. During letdown, milk flows from both breasts, and the Haakaa will be right there to catch all the extra drops that would have been otherwise wasted. It is also a great choice for women who often deal with engorgement.
- No effort to use
- Super comfortable to have on
- It is very cheap
- Great for traveling
- It won’t empty your breast.
5. Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump
You’ll love the Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump because it is so easy to use and simple to clean. It is also designed to be small enough to fit in most purses and diaper bags.
Because it is a manual breast pump, you have to do all the work pumping. However, this also means that the amount of noise produced will be minimal, which is great for when you want to pump discreetly.
- It is good yet affordable
- It is highly portable and easy to carry around.
- It is very quiet, which is a plus for anyone who wants to pump discreetly
- It loses suction over time
- If you pump a lot, your hand will get tired
Whether you are breastfeeding or bottle-feeding, a breast pump will make your life super easy. There will always be situations where you may not be able to breastfeed your baby for one reason or another and you have to turn to your handy frozen milk stash. Besides, being attached to your baby 24/7 may not be good for your mental health. You need a break from time to time, super mama! Hopefully, this guide has given you a few ideas on the best breast pumps you might want to invest in. Good luck!
Here are more useful links: