Baby monitors are a wonderful innovation because they make it possible to keep your eyes on your little one from anywhere. When you have one, you can watch your little one as she sleeps from your phone while you are in a different room or even out and about.
However, to get the most value out of your baby monitor, you need to choose the right one. In this guide, we’ll outline 5 of the best baby monitors you can buy right now. We have highlighted different options with different features to help you find the perfect choice for you.
5 Best Baby Monitors in Malaysia
Here are the best baby monitors that made it to our list:
1. VAVA Baby Monitor
The VAVA Baby Monitor shines in terms of night vision clarity, battery life, and durability. It has a 5-inch high-def display that offers a clear view of your baby. It also comes with 2x and 4x zoom and pan and tilt features.
This monitor has 7 sound volume levels with LED indicators to help you listen in on what is going on in the baby’s room. You also get temperature monitoring, two-way audio, and a rechargeable battery.
- Generously large display
- Great battery life
- Very easy to set up and start using
- You can connect up to 4 cameras with this monitor but it has no split-screen mode. So you have to keep switching between the 4 cameras if you have more than 1 child.
2. Wyze Cam Pan v2 1080p
The Wyze Cam was initially designed as a home surveillance camera. However, a lot of parents use it as a baby monitor because of its easy-to-use interface, easy setup, live HD streaming, and affordable price tag.
You can control the Wyze Cam Pan v2 remotely using an app. You can also give more than one person access to the app to allow them to monitor your little one as well. You can also view the live stream in real-time or set up push notifications to alert you to any motion or sound that your baby makes. You can further adjust the sensitivity of these notifications as well.
The camera has color night vision, pan, tilt, zoom, and two-way audio. It can also record video clips of up to 12 seconds. And works with Google Assistant and Alexa.
- Great value at under $50
- Offers live HD streaming, pan, tilt, zoom, and color night vision
- It is easy to set up and get started with
- Works with Alexa and Google Assitant
- To use it, you need to always have your phone and ensure it is well charged, which can be a problem if you are using a sitter
3. VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor
The VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor is an affordable, portable, and highly functional audio monitor. It is a great alternative to video monitors that force you to stay glued to your video screen as you keep an eye on your little one.
The VTech DM221 comes packed with a lot of useful features. It can pick up even the quietest sounds without emitting the constant white noise that a lot of similar audio monitors have. It also has a two-way intercom that will come in handy when your little one becomes a toddler and needs to communicate with you from her room. It also has a visual 5-level sound indicator that will help you see the noise level even when the unit is muted.
- It has a two-way intercom system
- Clear sound transmission with no white noise
- Offers 160-foot indoor range and 1000 feet outdoors
- Some parents have found that it quickly loses its battery life once unplugged
4. Miku Pro Smart Baby Monitor
The Miku Pro Smart Baby Monitor operates using their proprietary technology called SensorFusion which allows it to be contact-free and compatible with any age. It gives you real-time updates and alerts on your phone when anything changes with your baby’s vitals or her nursery’s conditions.
You also get sleep analytics, day and night sleep summaries, a summary of your baby’s sleeping habits, and more. It also has two speakers that deliver clear sound with no noise and two-step authentication for security.
- You do not need any wearables for sleep tracking
- It comes with powerful custom dual Wolff speakers
- You get subscription-free sleep insights and analytics
- One of the most expensive options on this list
- Can sometimes be slow when recording sound and movement
5. Infant Optics DXR-8 PRO Video Baby Monitor
The Infant Optics DXR-8 PRO stands out because it has interchangeable lenses and a zoom lens that lets you see your baby up close even when the camera is set up far from her crib.
It also has active noise reduction that filters out background noise to allow you to hear your baby more clearly. It comes with a 5-inch LCD screen with zoom, pan, and tilt as well as LED sound indicators that light up when noise is detected. The DXR-8 Pro is expandable with up to 4 cameras.
- You can swap out different lenses to get a closer zoom or a wider angle
- It comes with noise-filtering technology out of the box
- It is expandable to up to 4 cameras
- There is an original version of the Infant Optics DXR that is not compatible with the Pro, which makes it easy to confuse the two
It is true that if you live in a small space where your baby is always near you, or if your baby sleeps in the same room as you, you may not need a baby monitor. However, for most other parents, a baby monitor is a source of unbeatable convenience that they would not trade for anything. Hopefully, this guide has given you something to think about when it comes to choosing the best baby monitors.
Here are more useful links: